accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the first key of the Tablet servers
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 05:24:12 GMT
Not sure I understand your question. Do you mean of a Tablet instead of
TabletServer? A TabletServer will host many Tablets.

Assuming so, the easiest way to get the first key for each Tablet is to
fetch the split points for a table. The split points are the end-row of
each Tablet in a table.

Then, to get the first keys in each Tablet, construct a `new
Range($endRow)`, open a Scanner and fetch the first Key. Make sure you
also do this with `new Range()` as well to get the first Key in the
first Tablet for the table (the Tablet which starts at -inf).

There is no easy way that I can think of to determine what the last key
in a Tablet is. What is the reason that you want to explicitly know
this? Maybe there is a different to do what you're trying to do?

- Josh