accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: admin and web dashboard
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 18:08:31 GMT
Right, you got it.

You can change the maxVersions many times but that won't be persisted on
disk until a compaction rewrites that data. Scans will, however, always
be consistent with the current configuration.

In the implementation, Accumulo will instantiate the current iterators
for the minc or majc scope (depending on if it's a minor or major
compaction) and write the output of memory/files being compacted,
filtered/transformed by those iterators, back out to a single file.