accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to get monitor lock org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException:
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 17:21:59 GMT
Hi Rukshan,

How did you start the Monitor?

The MiniAccumuloCluster is actually a thin wrapper around
MiniAccumuloClusterImpl (in recent versions). If you cast to
MiniAccumuloClusterImpl, you should be able to use the exec method to
start the Monitor for you which will do the proper classpath setup for you.

     ((MiniAccumuloClusterImpl) mac).exec(Monitor.class);

The authentication failure is commonly due to a security measure we have
in place to ensure that rogue services cannot start participating in an
Accumulo cluster. The value of `instance.secret` in accumulo-site.xml is
used to control the ACL in ZooKeeper used to write to certain znodes
(such as those used for service discovery). If you see a
NoAuthException, it's likely that the service you started found the
wrong accumulo-site.xml (or didn't find it at all).

- Josh