accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AWS cluster script - abnormal behavior
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:09:10 GMT
Roman,

Cool to hear you're trying to take Accumulo for a spin.

The tracer failures are likely due to incorrect configuration. The
tracer uses a normal user account to connect and write traces to Accumulo.

This configuration is done by setting trace.user and
trace.token.property.password in accumulo-site.xml. This user account
needs to exist and have permissions to write to the value of trace.table
("trace" by default).

I'm not sure what to tell you about being unable to log in from your
client as I have no idea what this EMR installation is doing. The fact
that 1 out of 10 was actually successful sounds like there is an issue
in their implementation. If you can provide server logs, we might be
able to help you get to the bottom of it.

./stop-all.sh will wait for the instance to gracefully stop. If Accumulo
is not healthy, as it sounds like it isn't if you can't properly
authenticate yourself, this will likely take a long time (if ever
complete). The ctrl-c just short-circuits this wait and takes down the
system hard. What does the monitor say it's doing before you ctrl-c the
stop-all.sh?

Does anyone from Amazon watch this list? Does anyone know who actually
worked on this at Amazon that might be able to help?

- Josh