accumulo-user mailing list archives

From z11373 <z11...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: admin and web dashboard
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 17:44:52 GMT
Thanks Josh for the answers. I just have one clarification from the answer
for #2.
So let say we set the max version to keep is default value (in this case is
1), then after few inserts with same key, and we change the max version to
3. Based on what you said, if the compaction occurs before we change to 3,
then we'll only see 1 row from scan (since all previous versions have been
deleted), is that correct?
If this is confirmed, then it looks like Accumulo is looking for that max
version to keep value while doing compaction, so that it knows how many of
previous versions need to be deleted, right?

Thanks,