accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Hardcastle <hardcastle.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Iterators that alter key-values
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 18:16:25 GMT
Jim,

That explains a lot - I knew that the iterator stack could be resumed in
the middle of a range, but didn't realise that it used the last emitted key
to decide where to resume.

Just so I'm clear, when iterators get stopped and later resumed, is it the
same instance of the iterator object that's restarted (so that I could
store state in there and use that to help the reseek) or is it a new
instance of the iterator that has to be able to resume purely on the basis
of the last emitted key?

As you say though, it's probably best to stick to modifying values only.

Thanks very much,

Dave.