accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] end-of-maintenance for Accumulo 1.5
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 19:43:36 GMT
Hi folks!

Over the last several months, the Accumulo development community has seen a
drop off in jiras reported against and fixes for the 1.5 release line.
Given the lack of apparent demand and the added development cost of
maintaining the branch, the development community is considering declaring
end of maintenance.

If you are actively using Accumulo 1.5 we'd love to hear

* What blockers, if any keep you from moving to 1.6
* What timeline you anticipate needing to move to 1.6

Absent feedback from the user community, the current plan is

# Release Accumulo 1.5.3
# Archive the 1.5 development branch (as we did for 1.4)
# Cease accepting any non-Critical issues that don't impact at least
version 1.6.0.

In the event of a critical issue against the 1.5 line, we'd reopen
development to resolve that issue and issue a very tightly scoped release.

--
Sean