accumulo-user mailing list archives

From vaibhav thapliyal <vaibhav.thapliyal...@gmail.com>
Subject BatchScanner taking too much time to scan rows
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 17:39:57 GMT
Hi,

I am using BatchScanner to scan rows from a accumulo table. The table has
around 187m entries and I am using a 3 node cluster which has accumulo
1.6.1.

I have passed 10000 ids which are stored as row id in my table as a list in
the setRanges() method.

This whole process takes around 50 secs(from adding the ids in the list to
scanning the whole table using the BatchScanner).

I tried switching on bloom filters but that didn't work.

Also if anyone could briefly explain how a BatchScanner works, how it does
parallel scanning it would help me understand what I am doing better.

Thanks
Vaibhav