accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Wells <awe...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: Question about best practices on column names
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 13:17:48 GMT
On the surface it adds an additional level of specification/grouping.

The potential benefit we have in accumulo is that along with the fact that
identical rowID's are guaranteed to be in the same file. You can use
Locality Groups, to place specific Column Families into the same file as
well. Providing faster scans when looking for a specific column family.

--
*Andrew George Wells*
*Software Engineer*