accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Patterson <patt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Accumulo from a different machine
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:10:58 GMT
Ryan,

1) Make sure the /etc/hosts/ and /etc/hostname/ refer to a name.
2) Make sure the "attempting to run from" machine has the same name mapped
to the same ip address. (It might work with just using specific IP
addresses all around, but this way worked for me.)
(On Windows I was able to open my favorite text editor in supervisor mode,
then had no problem opening the hosts file and changing it.)

3) The 3 files I changed to include the hostname of the hadoop
core-site.xml file in the etc/hadoop folder of the hadoop code
mapred-site.xml same directory
slaves same directory

4) the 6 files I changed in the accumulo code base's conf folder:
accumulo-site.xml - set in instance.volumes and instance.zookeeper.host
monitor
masters
gc
tracers