accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <d...@apache.org>
Subject Accumulo Hackation at Accumulo Summit 2015
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:49:59 GMT
Hi All,

Booz Allen Hamilton will be hosting an Accumulo Hackathon after the first
day of the Accumulo Summit on Tuesday, April 28th 2015. It will be held at
the Accumulo Summit venue, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference
Center and will run from 6:00pm to 11:00pm.

The Accumulo Hackathon will provide a venue for Summit attendees and other
interested parties to talk in detail about code, contributions, features
and enhancements to Accumulo. I'm personally looking forward to introducing
more folks to the codebase, community and processes related contributing to
Apache Accumulo. The event will also provide an opportunity for members of
the community to get together and work on issues in real-time, face to face.

This year, in addition to working on patches, fixes and improvements to
Accumulo, we're also looking to folks to develop and present ideas or
prototypes that use Accumulo in some way. This might include integration
with other software packages, new analytics, utilities or operational
support tools to help others understand what's going on under the hood.

Participation is free, but we ask folks to register so we know how many to
expect. There are 10 tickets available where registrants will receive a
free pass to attend Accumulo Summit 2015. We'll provide power, wifi, food &
drinks and will be giving out door prizes and other gifts.

The registration form & more info are available at
http://bit.ly/accumulo-summit-hackathon-2015

The tickets that include the free Accumulo Summit passes will be available
starting Monday, April 20th at 8:00am (EDT)

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Drew