accumulo-user mailing list archives

From vaibhav thapliyal <vaibhav.thapliyal...@gmail.com>
Subject Approach to hold the output of an iterator in memory to do further operations
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:19:47 GMT
Hello everyone.

I am trying to carry out max and min kind of operations using accumulo.

But since the Accumulo iterators only operate on the entries that are
lovally hosted I get the local max and local min of the instead of a global
max and min.

To get this global max and min, I have to calculate this client side.  I
want to ask if there is some way to store this local max and min in memory
using iterator. So that a global max and min can be calculated server side
only.

I tried to this by writing the result in another table and using another
iterator to return me the global max and min.

I want to ask if there if a way to store this in memory so as to avoid
writing it to a table?

Thanks
Vaibhav