accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approach to hold the output of an iterator in memory to do further operations
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:49:04 GMT
No, there isn't a way to do this that doesn't involve writing it to disk.

vaibhav thapliyal wrote:
> I want to ask if there if a way to store this in memory so as to avoid
> writing it to a table?

Is there a reason for wanting to avoid this (small) amount of work
client-side? My experience has been that this is a very lightweight
computation to perform on the client.

 > To get this global max and min, I have to calculate this client side.
  I want to ask if there is some way to store this local max and min in
memory using iterator. So that a global max and min can be calculated
server side only.