accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo integration with lucene
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 04:50:14 GMT
madhvi wrote:
> On Thursday 09 April 2015 08:18 PM, Josh Elser wrote:
>> No, unless you have found some code or wrote your own to allow Lucene
>> to query Accumulo. I have not come across any integration between the
>> two.
>>
>> madhvi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can we use Lucene API to store and search data in Accumulo?can we have a
>>> system, which is combination of the capabilities of both Accumulo and
>>> Lucene so that data can be searched by lucene API which is actually
>>> stored in Accumulo as key value.I have created lucene indexes of data
>>> stored in accumulo, in HDFS.
>>> Lucene queries are working fine over that but I want to use those
>>> indexes to be searched via accumulo means the lucene queries should run
>>> via accumulo.
>>>
>>> Madhvi Gupta
>>>
> Hi Josh,
>
> I am trying to write my own code to use lucene queries for accumulo.I
> have done that for the indexes stored in HDFS but my next task is to
> store those indexes in HDFS in a format so that it can be used in
> accumulo.So can you tell me what do I need to change or any workable
> approach for that?
>
> Madhvi

Hi Madhvi,

It's likely going to be much easier for you to add to Lucene in such a
way that you can just write to and query Accumulo tables rather than
trying to create files that Accumulo can use as a first step.

I'm not familiar enough with Lucene to tell you where to look in their
codebase for extension points. Without knowing what interfaces you would
need to implement for Lucene, it's hard to suggest examples of table
structures that you would need to create. Sorry that's not more helpful.
Perhaps someone else is more familiar with this.