accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: init method being called multiple times of WrappingIterator.
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:33:39 GMT
Why are you using a print writer to get output from your iterator? Just
use a logger and look in $ACCUMULO_HOME/logs/tserver_$hostname.debug.log
(or wherever you configured logging). Create a log4j or slf4j Logger and
use that instead of a print writer. (It's possible that your print
writer is also what is slowing things down)

In most real deployments, iterators should be faster on the server side
than your client because you have N servers performing the work instead
of your one client.

It's not unheard of that a programming error is slowing down your
iterator. Looking at what your iterator does (via logging) should help.
Alternatively, you can use a remote debugger, connect a the
tabletserver, and set breakpoints inside your iterator.