accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "shweta.agrawal" <shweta.agra...@orkash.com>
Subject init method being called multiple times of WrappingIterator.
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:53:05 GMT
HI,

I have made an Iterator by extending WrappingIterator. I build it's jar
and uploaded it in accumulo cluster. But when using this itertor in my
program, I noticed that it's taking  too much time. I did a file writing
in init method of iterator I actually wrote the object which is calling
this init method. when i opened file, there were approx 150 objecs of my
itertaor.  Means init method of Iterator is being called 150 times by
different objects of iterator.

Is it normal ? or am I doing something wrong ?

can you tell me the life cycle of Iterator. Actually it's not quite
clear in documentation . I have some questions like  Who makes it's
object? How many objects are made ? how many times a init method is
called ? If there is any destroy like method in WrappingIterator for
closing connections.

Thank you,

Shweta Agrawal