accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Kina Winoto <winoto.kin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a tablet to a tserver
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:46:12 GMT
Hi Josh,

> Versions of Hadoop and Accumulo:
Hadoop 1.2.1
Accumulo 1.6.1
> Are the accumulo.metadata/!METADATA and/or accumulo.root tables online?
Nope.. I tried to scan the tables -- it just hangs
> Have you checked the logs of the Master and/or TabletServer for any
exceptions?
The master log is locked for read operation (an info message). I tried to
shutdown the master with accumulo admin -f stopMaster, but it's still
unhappy.
The tserver log doesn't have any exceptions. However, if I run accumulo
tserver -a localhost, then I'll get a "Could not create ServerSocket.."
error as it can't connect to the tserver.

For more context, I ran into all of this because I'm running this on a vm
and I ran out of disk space so Accumulo could no longer write to the wal
reliably and then checksums weren't matching up. After I created more space
on my vm, I deleted the wal logs, hoping that it would revert to what was
in /accumulo/tables, but then ran into this error where I have zero tablets.

Thanks for any suggestions on what to do next!

- Kina