accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Patterson <patt...@gmail.com>
Subject Stability of connection
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:37:12 GMT
I'm running a web service on one machine and using
zookeeper/hadoop/accumulo to get to a remote machine where my data resides.

How can I get notified if the connection drops?

Does it self-establish or do I need to do something special to reconnect?

I plan to keep the ZookeeperInstance and Connector as permanent,
established when my class first gets control, and just create a scanner to
retrieve the specific data I want. I'll destroy the scanner when I've
retrieved a collection of data.

Is that a reasonable way to approach this problem?

Thanks

Dave Patterson