accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Patterson <patt...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing Accumulo from a different machine
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:59:41 GMT
I'm running a very simple test configuration with on Ubuntu 14 machine. If
I run code on that machine I can read the data I've added.

I'm only using column family name, (empty_text for the qualifier) and a
value -- no authorizations.

When I run the exact same program (identical jar) on another Ubuntu 14
machine, I get

org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error
INVALID_INSTANCEID for user dave - Unknown security exception
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.execute(ServerClient.java:63)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl.<init>(ConnectorImpl.java:70)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.ZooKeeperInstance.getConnector(ZooKeeperInstance.java:240)
        at com.iai.diad.data.ImageDAO_A.<init>(ImageDAO_A.java:123)
        at com.iai.diad.data.ImageDAO_A.main(ImageDAO_A.java:63)
Caused by: ThriftSecurityException(user:dave, code:INVALID_INSTANCEID)

The error occurs on the instance.getConnector call (the second line below)

            instance = new ZooKeeperInstance(instanceName, zooServers);
            connector = instance.getConnector( acUserName, new
PasswordToken( acPassword));

One possible source for strangeness is that both of these machines are on a
cloud server. Each of them has 2 ip addresses -- one that is available from
the outside, and one that is available only inside the cloud. I'm using the
outside-the-cloud ip address in the zooServers string.

The /etc/hosts file on the machine with the Accumulo data has the external
ip address as the name of the machine. It also has 127.0.0.1 defined as
localhost.

Any suggestions?

Dave Patterson