accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Wyatt Frelot <Wyatt.Fre...@altamiracorp.com>
Subject ACCUMULO VAGRANT CLUSTER
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 20:05:45 GMT
Good day all,

I have completed the development of a Vagrant Accumulo Cluster. It automatically installs
and configures Hadoop 2.4.1, Accumulo 1.6.1, and ZooKeeper 3.4.6 with "basic" settings. I
tried to designed it being able to update the cluster with minimum effort. Hopefully that
is the case.

Cluster Information: Vagrant cluster initializes 4 nodes w/ 1.5GB of RAM on a private network.
If you look in the “Vagrantfile", I believe this information would be easy to see and adjust
if needed. All of the node related info is located on under the “Additional Information”
header of the link below. Nodes use typical vagrant usernames and passwords.

Setup Instructions: http://wjfrelo.github.io/AccumuloCluster/
I included as much information as I thought would be useful. Feel free to provide feedback
on the value of the instructions.

Testing: I have been able to get it to work with minimum adjustments on Linux Platforms (Ubuntu,
CentOS), Window 7 & 8, and Mac OSX. Main problems have occurred on window platforms (ssh
and virtualbox path issues. Workarounds are identified in instructions)

Hope it is helpful and useful.

--
Wyatt J. Frelot