accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Ara Ebrahimi <ara.ebrah...@argyledata.com>
Subject OfflineScanner
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 05:57:30 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to optimize a connector we’ve written for Presto. In some cases we need to
perform full table scans. This happens across all the nodes but each node is assigned to process
only a sharded subset of data. Each shard is hosted by only 1 RFile. I’m looking at the
AbstractInputFormat and OfflineIterator and it seems like the code is not that hard to use
for this case. Is there any drawback? It seems like if the table is offline then OfflineIterator
is used which apparently reads the RFiles directly and doesn’t involve any RPC and I think
should be significantly faster. Is it so? Is there any drawback to using this while the table
is not offline but no other app is messing with the table?

Thanks,
Ara.