accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scans during Compaction
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:23:33 GMT
Is your iterator which is rewriting data during compaction idempotent?

If you can apply the same function (the iterator) multiple times over
the data (maybe only in the scan, maybe in the scan and by a major
compaction), the only concern is doing a bit more work in the server.
Given that you have many servers, that wouldn't be a big worry IMO.

This wouldn't require you to try to do the trickiness you outlined, no?