accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Accumulo from a different machine
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:20:08 GMT
 > a)  a copy of Zookeeper running on the machine from which I'm calling
for data
 > b) call the "local" zookeeper for data and let it connect to the
remote node for the data?

No, a ZooKeeper server does not have to be machine local for you to use
it. It just has to be reachable on the network.

I'm sorry to say, I kind of at a loss. I'm not sure what you are running
into. You could try remote debugging your application on the "other"
cloud machine to see how exactly your code is converting the instance
name into the instanceID (and confirm that the value in the TCredentials
object is, in fact, different than what you expect it to be).

As for your local windows machine, I know some people have connected to
Accumulo from Windows before, but it is a YMMV platform. Hopefully it
works just fine because it's Java under the hood, but we have no tests
to guarantee that this does work.