accumulo-user mailing list archives

From buttercream <buttercreamanonym...@gmail.com>
Subject Authorizations for complex user management
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 01:09:01 GMT
I'm working on a system where there are many users and the users credentials
and information are stored in a third party system. I was thinking the best
approach would be to have my default Accumulo user have the superset of all
permissions and then when a query is performed, proxy in the specific user
credential that may be a subset. But, this seems a bit cumbersome to have to
up front define all available credentials, especially if new authorizations
are added without our knowledge. Any thoughts on an alternative approach?
I'd like to just be able to proxy through credentials and not have to worry
about whether my Accumulo-defined user that I'm proxying through already has
them. Is there a way to just let that Accumulo-defined user have max
credentials and not have to specifically call them out? Thanks.