accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eugene Cheipesh <echeip...@gmail.com>
Subject Seeking Iterator
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 22:37:08 GMT
Hello,

I am attempting to write an Iterator based on a Z-curve index to search through multi-dimensional
data. Essentially, given a record that I have encountered that is in the index range not in
the multi-demensional query range I have a way to generate the next candidate record, potentially
far ahead of the current point.

Ideally I would be able to refine my search range with subsequent calls to seek(). It appears
that Accumulo will create an iterator for every RFile (or some split other split point). The
beginning of the range argument to seek will be the record at beginning of this split (which
is good), however all instances of the iterator have the same, global range end (which is
bad).

I need to avoid the case where I seek past the range boundary of each individual iterator
instance and throw a NullPointerException. Is there any way to get enough information to achieve
this?

Thank you,

--
Eugene Cheipesh