accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TableOperations.setProperty() not setting property
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 01:00:57 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Ara Ebrahimi <ara.ebrahimi@argyledata.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to set a few properties for a table “programmatically” right
> after I create that table (using accumulo shell). I use
> TableOperations.setProperty(). But then when I use the config command from
> accumulo shell I don’t see anything reflected there. It still holds the old
> default/site values. If I pass invalid values it does fail, so seems like
> it actually receives the request and validates it. But it does’t seem to
> persist it. I’ve tried a few different properties and none seem to stick.
> Do I need to flush the config somehow?
>
> I assume I can set these properties right after creating table only. I
> mean, what happens if I set a property like table.split.threshold after
> populating the table? There’s no command for setting these properties from
> accumulo shell other than the option to copy config from another table when
> executing create table.

You can change the properties over the life of the table.  With
table.split.threshold, you might choose to lower the value temporarily to
get the table to split more, then raise the value when you want to keep the
splits fixed for a while.  You can set properties through the shell using
the config command, e.g. config -t tablename -s property=value