accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Ara Ebrahimi <ara.ebrah...@argyledata.com>
Subject TableOperations.setProperty() not setting property
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 00:07:05 GMT
Hi,

I’m trying to set a few properties for a table “programmatically” right after I create
that table (using accumulo shell). I use TableOperations.setProperty(). But then when I use
the config command from accumulo shell I don’t see anything reflected there. It still holds
the old default/site values. If I pass invalid values it does fail, so seems like it actually
receives the request and validates it. But it does’t seem to persist it. I’ve tried a
few different properties and none seem to stick. Do I need to flush the config somehow?

I assume I can set these properties right after creating table only. I mean, what happens
if I set a property like table.split.threshold after populating the table? There’s no command
for setting these properties from accumulo shell other than the option to copy config from
another table when executing create table.

Thanks,
Ara.