accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Offline tables on adding a tserver (Accumulo 1.6 regression?)
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 02:36:14 GMT
Yes, presently our logging infrastructure doesn't work well with
"standard" log4j configuration (I think we have a ticket floating around
somewhere, but I don't recall the ID off the top of my head).

If your concern is only with using a properties configuration file
instead of XML, ACCUMULO-2383 introduced the means to do so. For the
time being, you'll have to use generic_logger.(xml|properties) as a way
to configure log4j. You can also create specific
*_logger.(xml|properties) to configure certain components if necessary
(e.g. tserver_logger.xml or master_logger.xml).