accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Moving HDFS name node to another host in accumulo 1.6
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 03:15:32 GMT
What Accumulo version?

What Hadoop version?

From: Calvin Feder [mailto:calvin.feder@argyledata.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 7:29 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Moving HDFS name node to another host in accumulo 1.6

We need to move the HDFS name node of our cluster to a new host (the old
host is experiencing hardware issues and may die at any time).  We need to
keep the current accumulo data.  We are trying to do it in a test
environment and running into numerous issues. We stopped the cluster, moved
the name node to a new host, and restarted the cluster.  We changed the
entry in zookeeper for the accumulo root tablet to the new location, and got
accumulo to start.  We see all of the tables we expected to see in accumulo,
and they show up in the monitor as "online", but the monitor shows that no
tablets or entries exist in those tables, and obviously we cannot scan them.

This is an example of what we are seeing:

Has anyone tried to do something similar?  What are we missing?

Thank you,

Calvin Feder | QA Lead | Argyle Data, Inc.

cid:A79ABAC4-829A-4B95-AFE2-C09282CD7AE7

  _____

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have
original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Thank you in
advance for your cooperation.

  _____