accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject jodoc update (MAC in Docker)
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 23:20:08 GMT
You can start a MAC with one command if you use Docker. Could using
Accumulo get any easier?

docker run \
  -e JAVA_USER=${USER} \
  -e MONITOR_PORT=20001 \
  -e ZOOKEEPER_PORT=20000 \
  -d \
  --net=host \
  -t medined/jodoc

This command downloads a 300MB image from Docker Hub.

If you want more control, you can mount a host directory as a volume
in the instance and change the TServer count. After the MAC starts up,
you can easily look into the conf directory to check settings. You
could also examine any .rf files that are created.

export WORKDIR=~/my-miniaccumulo-cluster
rm -rf $WORKDIR/*
mkdir -p $WORKDIR
docker run \
  -v $WORKDIR:/accumulo \
  -e TSERVER_COUNT=20 \
  -e JAVA_USER=${USER} \
  -e MONITOR_PORT=20001 \
  -e ZOOKEEPER_PORT=20000 \
  -d \
  --net=host \
  -t medined/jodoc

There is one more feature. If you specify the ACCUMULO_SCHEMA as D4M
those tables will be created and pre-split for you:

export WORKDIR=~/my-miniaccumulo-cluster
rm -rf $WORKDIR/*
mkdir -p $WORKDIR
docker run \
  -v $WORKDIR:/accumulo \