accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why i can't create a table in client
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 19:17:41 GMT
Okay, so it sounds like it's just fate operations (which require
communication with the master server), then, and not all thrift stuff. That
narrows it down. That might indicate some DNS problem with the master
hostname, maybe? Please check that the address in your
$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/master file matches what is returned by
ZooKeeperInstance.getMasterLocations() and that your client can communicate
to that server using that address from the client (maybe use ping? or check
that DNS resolves correctly for that address).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii