accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 18:10:52 GMT
As a matter of good practice, I do think it's best to avoid wildcards in
the classpath, and explicitly add the jars you need. Our examples obviously
use wildcards, because that's reasonable for an example, and it works. But,
I tend to recommend more targeted classpaths in a real system, whenever
possible. I don't know what the situation is for Docker, but presumably,
the Docker image includes all the dependencies Accumulo needs, and should
have fixed and known locations for all the jars, so it could in theory use
explicit paths instead of sweeping wildcards.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii