accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re:
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:33:45 GMT
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> the error from the tablet server claims to be looking at a local
> filesystem path (the part with " file:/accumulo/instance_id" should start
> with hdfs).
>
> Are your hadoop client configs in the classpath?
>
> Also, the Accumulo PMC *strongly* recommends using Hadoop 2 for Accumulo
> 1.5+. Is there a particular reason you're using 1.x?

Just to clarify...

The default for 1.5 is still Hadoop 1.x. It supports Hadoop 2.x, and I'd
personally agree with the recommendation to use Hadoop 2.x when possible,
even when running 1.5 (report any bugs), but the default build and testing
and release packaging environment for 1.5 is still Hadoop 1.x, so I don't
know that the it's "strongly" recommended. Still, probably a good idea.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii