accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Salih Kardan <karda...@gmail.com>
Subject Tablet server and tracer could get started since they cannot see initialized accumulo instance
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 11:21:43 GMT
Hello everyone,

Sorry in the previous mail, I forgot to fill out subject line of mail.
Please ignore previous mail.

Currently I am testing Accumulo 1.6.1 with Hadoop 1.2.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.5
with 4 hadoop nodes. I gave a role to each node in hadoop cluster;
specifically
assume my hadoop nodes like this: hadoop1, hadoop2, hadoop3 and hadoop4.

The accumulo roles are distributed to hadoop nodes;
hadoop1 = accumulo master ( single zookeeper instance is also running on
this node)
hadoop2 = gc
hadoop3 = monitor
hadoop4 = tablet server + tracer

After I initialize accumulo with *"accumulo init"* command, I invoked
start_all.sh script from master machine. All services except tracer and
tablet server started working.
However on tablet server machine I see these logs :

2014-11-19 11:20:32,327 [zookeeper.ZooUtil] ERROR: unable obtain instance
id at file:/accumulo/instance_id
2014-11-19 11:20:32,328 [tserver.TabletServer] ERROR: Uncaught exception in
TabletServer.main, exiting
java.lang.RuntimeException: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance
id at file:/accumulo/instance_id
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.zookeeper.ZooUtil.getInstanceIDFromHdfs(ZooUtil.java:62)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.client.HdfsZooInstance._getInstanceID(HdfsZooInstance.java:132)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.client.HdfsZooInstance.getInstanceID(HdfsZooInstance.java:116)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfigurationFactory.<init>(ServerConfigurationFactory.java:113)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfiguration.<init>(ServerConfiguration.java:79)
    at org.apache.accumulo.tserver.TabletServer.main(TabletServer.java:3668)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:141)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

And the logs I see in tracer log file:

Thread "tracer" died Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance id at
file:/accumulo/instance_id
java.lang.RuntimeException: Accumulo not initialized, there is no instance
id at file:/accumulo/instance_id
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.zookeeper.ZooUtil.getInstanceIDFromHdfs(ZooUtil.java:62)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.client.HdfsZooInstance._getInstanceID(HdfsZooInstance.java:132)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.client.HdfsZooInstance.getInstanceID(HdfsZooInstance.java:116)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfigurationFactory.<init>(ServerConfigurationFactory.java:113)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.conf.ServerConfiguration.<init>(ServerConfiguration.java:79)
    at org.apache.accumulo.tracer.TraceServer.main(TraceServer.java:290)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:141)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I checked hdfs and it seems accumulo is initialized. Here is the
output of *"hadoop
dfs -ls /accumulo/instance_id" *command*, *

Found 1 items
-rw-r--r--   1 root supergroup          0 2014-11-19 11:19
/accumulo/instance_id/268acc40-e20b-4a35-8d8a-0e46e7859a0d

I googled the problem, some comments stating that the problem may occur due
to missing hadoop libs in classpath, but I checked classpath of
with *"accumulo classpath"*  command, it also seems correct, both hadoop
and zookeeper libs listed in classspath.

Then I tried single node accumulo installation, that way all services
including tablet server seems working.
What can be the problem when I use multiple nodes? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks