accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Salih Kardan <karda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:43:25 GMT
Hi Sean,

I have hadoop an environment and along with Hadoop I am using some other
Apache products such Hive, Pig and HBase. Actually I don't have a specific
reason to use Hadoop 1.x but changing hadoop version require me to change
also other products' version. That's why just for now I avoid changing it
and just wanted to test If I can upgrade Accumulo version that I am using
right now due to some bugs in accumulo-1.4.2.

Before I see your mail, I have just send accumulo-env.sh script and output
of accumulo classpath command. Could u please take a look at it and how can
I force tablet server look hdfs instead of local file system?

Thanks.

Salih Kardan

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> the error from the tablet server claims to be looking at a local
>> filesystem path (the part with " file:/accumulo/instance_id" should
>> start with hdfs).
>>
>> Are your hadoop client configs in the classpath?
>>
>> Also, the Accumulo PMC *strongly* recommends using Hadoop 2 for Accumulo
>> 1.5+. Is there a particular reason you're using 1.x?
>>

> Just to clarify...
>
> The default for 1.5 is still Hadoop 1.x. It supports Hadoop 2.x, and I'd
> personally agree with the recommendation to use Hadoop 2.x when possible,
> even when running 1.5 (report any bugs), but the default build and testing
> and release packaging environment for 1.5 is still Hadoop 1.x, so I don't
> know that the it's "strongly" recommended. Still, probably a good idea.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

>> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:03 AM, Salih Kardan <kardan38@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Currently I am testing Accumulo 1.6.1 with Hadoop 1.2.1 and Zookeeper
>>> 3.4.5 with 4 hadoop nodes. I gave a role to each node in hadoop cluster;
>>> specifically
>>> assume my hadoop nodes like this: hadoop1, hadoop2, hadoop3 and hadoop4.
>>>
>>> The accumulo roles are distributed to hadoop nodes;
>>> hadoop1 = accumulo master ( single zookeeper instance is also running on
>>> this node)
>>> hadoop2 = gc
>>> hadoop3 = monitor