accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Program runs fine in NetBeans fails the shutdown properly running via Maven
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:54:21 GMT
David Medinets wrote:
> I experimented a bit more. In the waitForZooKeeperClientThreads
> method, I added a "thread.interrupt" call inside the "while
> (thread.isAlive())" loop. It seems like the thread is interrupted
> after a few seconds, but then is reconnected. Darn that resiliency!
> I've watched it reconnect four times before I killed the process. Can
> I reset the retry number somehow? Am I too far down the rabbit hole?

You shouldn't have to interrupt the ZK threads (I'm not sure what it's
doing underneath the hood when you do so). As the comment in that method
says, ZooKeeper.close() is non-blocking, so that loop will finish
gracefully (given ZooKeeper.close() is performing how we expect it to).

> java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
>      at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
>      at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.startConnect(ClientCnxn.java:1045)
>      at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1101)
> 2014-11-30 09:29:32,596 INFO
> [com.codebits.jodoc.WriteAndReadDriver.main(localhost:20000)]
> zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:startConnect(1058)) - Opening
> socket connection to server localhost/127.0.0.1:20000
> 2014-11-30 09:29:32,597 INFO
> [com.codebits.jodoc.WriteAndReadDriver.main(localhost:20000)]
> zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:primeConnection(947)) - Socket
> connection established to localhost/127.0.0.1:20000, initiating
> session
> 2014-11-30 09:29:32,599 INFO
> [com.codebits.jodoc.WriteAndReadDriver.main(localhost:20000)]
> zookeeper.ClientCnxn (ClientCnxn.java:readConnectResult(736)) -
> Session establishment complete on server localhost/127.0.0.1:20000,
> sessionid = 0x1
>

> On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:10 AM, David Medinets
> <david.medinets@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Right again. I changed the package name to "jaredwinick" and the
>> "sealing violation" issue was resolved. But the JIRA ticket comments
>> were correct about the code's being brittle. It has a String literal
>> that refers to "org.apache.accumulo.core.zookeeper.ZooSession"which
>> does not exist in Accumulo v1.6.1.

I'm sure Jared is pleased with your alternative package name.

Did you copy/paste the code Jared had on his Github rather than using
the variant we have in the codebase (org.apache.accumulo.core.util.CleanUp)?