accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: comparing different rfile "densities"
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:49:30 GMT
You could also affirm your thoughts about RFile usage by generating a
histogram over the metadata table for your table.

The table ID is the common prefix in the metadata table. Each unique row
is a tablet, and will contain zero to many keys with a column family of
'file'. The column qualifier is a URI to the file (can you make a Path
object from it). The value is a CSV where the first element is the
approximate size of the file (bytes) and the second element is the
number of key-value pairs in the file.

This might help you make a more quantitative analysis over the
distribution of files as you tweak things.

To reaffirm what Mike said, trying to get close to 1:1 files to tablets
is definitely ideal but can be difficult to manage when considering all
of potential knobs you can turn (for both ingest and query characteristics).