accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@stevens.edu>
Subject Re: Accumulo version at runtime?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:38:47 GMT
How about a compromise: create *two classes *for the two versions, both
implementing the same interface.  Instantiate the class for the correct
version either from (1) static configuration file or (2) runtime "hack"
lookup to the version on the Monitor.

(1) gives safety at the expense of the user having to specify another
parameter.  (2) looks like it will work at least in the near future going
to 1.7, as well as for past versions.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I like the two classes approach better both as
a developer and as a user; no need to juggle JARs.

~Dylan

--
www.cs.stevens.edu/~dhutchis