accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <threadedb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remotely Accumulo
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:23:30 GMT
All,

Thanks for the responses.

Is this a problem for Accumulo?
Reverse DNS is yielding my ISP's host name. You know the drill, my IP in
reverse followed by their domain name, as opposed to my FQDN, which what I
use in my config files.

   - Running Accumulo 1.5.1
   - I have only one interface.
   - I have the FQDN in both master and slaves files for both Hadoop and
   Accumulo; in zoo.cfg; and in accumulo-site.xml where the Zookeepers are
   referenced.
   - Also, I am passing in all Zk FQDN when I instantiate ZookeeperInstance.
   - Forward DNS works
   - Reverse DNS... well (See above).