accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Ed Kohlwey <ekohl...@gmail.com>
Subject Correct usage of delegation tokens in Accumulo/Kerberization?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:06:45 GMT
If I am writing a job that needs to access Accumulo, is there a way to use
the pluggable authentication system to do so "the right way" via delegation
tokens? Unlike Hadoop, YARN, and Hive, I can find no reference to a
delegation token system in the current accumulo sources. It looks like
there were some commits a long time ago from John Vines where he created
something called KerberosToken, but it looks like its gone now.

What is the intended interaction pattern? Is there a way to do this sort of
thing without using PasswordToken and passing your password all over the
place?