accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Adam Fuchs <afu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compaction slowing queries
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:25:19 GMT
You can change compression codecs at any time on a per-table basis. This
only affects how new files are written. Existing files will still be read
the same way. See the table.file.compress.type parameter.

One caveat is that you need to make sure your codec is supported before
switching to it or compactions will start failing. You might want to try it
on a test table first, testing insert and flush operations after
configuring the coodec.

Adam