accumulo-user mailing list archives

From craig w <codecr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accumulo 1.6 and HDFS non-HA conversion to HDFS HA
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:50:18 GMT
So I wiped my cluster, started with a non-HA cluster, put in data. I
stopped everything, reconfigured for HA, this time having the following
settings in accumulo-site.xml:

instance.volumes: hdfs://mycluster
instance.volumes.replacements: hdfs://somehostname:9000/accumulo
hdfs://mycluster/accumulo

When starting Accumulo, I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path from an empty
string
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.checkPathArg(Path.java:127)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:135)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:89)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.volume.VolumeImpl.prefixChild(VolumeImpl.java:102)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.ServerConstants.getInstanceIdLocation(ServerConstants.java:133)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.Accumulo.getAccumuloInstanceIdPath(Accumulo.java:102)

Any idea?

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> You can run
>
>    accumulo admin volumes --list
>
> to check and see if things are as expected.  This command will like all
> unique volumes that occurr in Accumulo's metadata.
>

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM, craig w <codecraig@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> instance.dfs.uri appears to be deprecated in 1.6.x
>>
>> I did add the following two changes to accumulo-site.xml and pushed that
>> to all tablet servers, restarted accumulo and things look good:
>>

>> set instance.volumes to: hdfs://mycluster
>> set instance.volumes.replacements to: hdfs://somehostname:9000/accumulo
>> hdfs://mycluster/accumulo
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM, <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe the problem that you are running into is that because
>>> dfs.default.uri was not specified, then fs.defaultFS was used to write
>>> entries to the accumulo.root and accumulo.metadata tables. Suggest doing
>>> the following:
>>>
>>> Update to the latest version of Accumulo 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT
>>> set instance.dfs.uri to: hdfs://mycluster
>>> set instance.volumes to: hdfs://mycluster
>>> set instance.volumes.replacements to: hdfs://somehostname:9000/accumulo
>>> hdfs://mycluster/accumulo

HDFS