accumulo-user mailing list archives

From craig w <codecr...@gmail.com>
Subject accumulo 1.6 and HDFS non-HA conversion to HDFS HA
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 17:06:59 GMT
I've setup an Accumulo 1.6 cluster with Hadoop 2.4.0 (with a secondary
namenode). I wanted to convert the secondary namenode to be a standby
(hence HDFS HA).

After getting HDFS HA up and making sure the hadoop configuration files
were accessible by Accumulo, I started up Accumulo. I noticed some reports
of tablet servers failing to connect, however, they were failing to connect
to HDFS over port 9000. That port is not configured/used with HDFS HA so
I'm unsure why they are still trying to talk to HDFS using the old
configuration.

Any thoughts ideas? I know Accumulo 1.6 works with HDFS HA, but I'm curious
if the tests have ever been run against a non-HA cluster that was converted
to HA (with data in it).

--

https://github.com/mindscratch
https://www.google.com/+CraigWickesser