accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Yost <soozandjohny...@gmail.com>
Subject AccumuloMultiTableInputFormat IllegalStatementException
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:02:47 GMT
Hey Everyone,

The AccumuloMultiTableInputFormat is an awesome addition to the Accumulo
API and I am really excited to start using it.

My first attempt with the 1.6.0 release resulted in this
IllegalStateException:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The table query configurations could not
be deserialized from the given configuration

    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mapreduce.lib.impl.InputConfigurator.getInputTableConfigs(InputConfigurator.java:566)

    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mapreduce.lib.impl.InputConfigurator.validateOptions(InputConfigurator.java:628)

    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mapreduce.AbstractInputFormat.validateOptions(AbstractInputFormat.java:342)

    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.mapreduce.AbstractInputFormat.getSplits(AbstractInputFormat.java:537)

    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.writeSplits(JobSubmitter.java:508)

at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmitter.submitJobInternal(JobSubmitter.java:392)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1268)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$10.run(Job.java:1265)

at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:1265)

at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:1286)

at
com.johnyostanalytics.mapreduce.client.TwitterJoin.run(TwitterJoin.java:104)

at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:84)

when I attempt to initialize the AccumuloMultiTableInputFormat:

        InputTableConfig baseConfig = new InputTableConfig();
        baseConfig.setRanges(ranges);

        InputTableConfig edgeConfig = new InputTableConfig();
        edgeConfig.setRanges(ranges);
        configs.put("base", baseConfig);
        configs.put("edges",edgeConfig);

        AccumuloMultiTableInputFormat.setInputTableConfigs(job, configs);

Any ideas as to what may be going on?  I know that the table names are
valid and that the Range objects are valid because I tested all of that
independently via Accumulo scans.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated because, again,
AcumuloMultiTableInputFormat is really cool and I am really looking forward
to using it.

Thanks

--John