accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: (U) I do I tell Accumulo where the jars for my custom formatters and balancers are for a specific table?
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:39:26 GMT
We fixed some issues recently with the classloader in 1.6.1, make sure you are using an up-to-date
snapshot version. The classloader was changed in version 1.5 and now supports hosting jars
from various locations, including HDFS. Additionally, it supports creating a table level classloader
that has its own specific classpath settings. See https://blogs.apache.org/accumulo/entry/the_accumulo_classloader
for more information. There are a couple of known issues that will hopefully get resolved
with the next release of Apache Commons VFS, but you should be good to go for testing.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jeff Kubina" <jeff.kubina@gmail.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 3:30:56 PM
Subject: Re: (U) I do I tell Accumulo where the jars for my custom formatters and balancers
are for a specific table?

Versions 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6.1. A solution for just 1.6.1 would help.

As only an Accumulo user with create/read/write/ access of tables (not an admin) I won't have
write access to the classpath directories in accumulo-site.xml. Do I need to have the admins
add a user directory for my jars to accumulo-site.xml?

--
Jeff Kubina
410-988-4436