accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimal # proxy servers
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:35:23 GMT
There is also https://github.com/phrocker/apeirogon which was a start at
a C++ client to Accumulo. I'm not sure the state of it. In short, it's
possible, but like Eric said, the Java client does quite a bit more than
just RPC to other processes.

Regarding python+proxy, extra RPC is definitely a concern, but I'm not
sure how much of the performance decrease is the use of an
interpreted/dynamic language and how much is using the Proxy. I haven't
ever benchmarked the two to get a good understanding of where the extra
time is really spent.