accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: accumulo 1.6 and HDFS non-HA conversion to HDFS HA
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:31:36 GMT
I believe the problem that you are running into is that because dfs.default.uri was not specified,
then fs.defaultFS was used to write entries to the accumulo.root and accumulo.metadata tables.
Suggest doing the following:

Update to the latest version of Accumulo 1.6.1-SNAPSHOT
set instance.dfs.uri to: hdfs://mycluster
set instance.volumes to: hdfs://mycluster
set instance.volumes.replacements to: hdfs://somehostname:9000/accumulo hdfs://mycluster/accumulo

----- Original Message -----

From: "craig w" <codecraig@gmail.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 9:13:02 AM
Subject: Re: accumulo 1.6 and HDFS non-HA conversion to HDFS HA

In $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/core-site.xml I used to have:

<property>
<name> fs.default.name </name>
<value>hdfs://somehostname:9000</value>
</property>

When going to HDFS HA, I removed that property and have:
<property>
<name>fs.defaultFS</name>
<value>hdfs://mycluster</value>
</property>

In the accumulo-site.xml I don't have instance.volumes or instance.dfs.uri.