accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Definition of System Status'
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:04:03 GMT
On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Andrew Wells <awells@clearedgeit.com>
wrote:

> I am working for a client, and they keep getting TABLET_LOAD problems.

Okay.

> I am assuming it means that the tablet is being overloaded, but there
> really isn't any definition of what this means, or its cause.

No, it means there is a problem loading the tablet.  The master has
assigned it, and the tablet server is having trouble loading it.

One possible problem is that the files for the tablet are missing.  Another
might be a missing or corrupt recovery log.

These are serious errors.

> This also goes for other problem statuses like FiILE_READ FILE_WRITE

These should be accompanied by messages about the files in question.

Under heavy load, HDFS read/write errors will bubble up to accumulo, and it
will post these errors.

> As accumulo get bigger, we may want to have a dictionary of Problem
> Status, Problems, and Resolutions

A dictionary should probably have, types of errors/warnings, definitions,
> common problems and resolutions.

Have you read the troubleshooting section of the user's manual?  If there
is something you would like to see there, make a ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO/

As always, contributions are welcome.

-Eric