accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Droptable hanging [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 23:40:16 GMT
I believe that the master will wait for all of the tablets for that table
to become unassigned before it will delete it. This tends to be the
underlying cause of table ops that want to hang. For example, a bunch of
minor compactions that need to finish would also prevent unloading those
tablets.

I'm not sure if it would help (or if it would even work :P), but you could
try to offline the table first.

Hypothetically, you could delete the files and references in the metadata
table, but that would be rather manual. Its possible it would work though.
You may also have to do some cleanup in ZK too.

But, the underlying question is still: why is the table not getting deleted?

Can you share stacktraces from tserver(s) hosting tablets for the table
you're trying to delete (along with the usual version info)? Are there
queued/running compactions for that table?