accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to load Iterator with setscaniter and setshelliter
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2014 02:55:42 GMT
I'm sure that I'm overlooking something simple. I can load my iterator
using setiter but not with setscaniter or setshelliter.

Here is my do-nothing iterator:

public class MyIterator extends WrappingIterator implements OptionDescriber
{

    @Override
    public IteratorOptions describeOptions() {
        String name = "dummy";
        String description = "Dummy Description";
        Map<String, String> namedOptions = new HashMap<String, String>();
        List<String> unnamedOptionDescriptions = null;
        return new IteratorOptions(name, description, namedOptions,
unnamedOptionDescriptions);
    }

    @Override
    public boolean validateOptions(Map<String, String> options) {
        return true;
    }

}

I copy the jar file out to HDFS:

hadoop fs -mkdir /user/vagrant/d4m/classpath
hadoop fs -put /vagrant/schema/target/d4m_schema-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
/user/vagrant/classpath

I set the table-specific classpath context:

createtable atest
table atest
insert row cf cq value
config -s
general.vfs.context.classpath.d4m=hdfs://affy-master:9000/user/vagrant/classpath
config -t atest -s table.classpath.context=d4m

Now I can configure the iterator and scan over the single row without a
problem:

setiter -n MyIterator -p 10 -scan -minc -majc -class
com.codebits.d4m.iterator.MyIterator
scan
deleteiter -n MyIterator -scan -minc -majc

However, the setscaniter commands fails:

root@instance atest> setscaniter -n MyIterator -p 10 -class
com.codebits.d4m.iterator.MyIterator
2014-06-15 02:54:14,098 [shell.Shell] WARN : Deprecated, use setshelliter
Dummy Description
2014-06-15 02:54:14,126 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.ShellCommandException: Command could
not be initialized (Unable to load com.codebits.d4m.iterator.MyIterator)

As does the setshelliter:

root@instance atest> setshelliter -pn d4m -n MyIterator -p 10 -class
com.codebits.d4m.iterator.MyIterator
Dummy Description
2014-06-15 02:55:07,025 [shell.Shell] ERROR:
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.shell.ShellCommandException: Command could
not be initialized (Unable to load com.codebits.d4m.iterator.MyIterator)

I don't see any messages in the log files.

Any suggestions to resolve these issues?